The AIPD’s Mission is:
– to create a network of consultants made up of doctors, health, school and social workers who are responsive and interested in Down’s syndrome with the aim of achieving better general care;
– to encourage in every way the training and updating of health, education and social workers also by directly organizing symposia and courses for school teachers of every kind and at every level for social and health care workers;
– to offer legal, state, regional and local bodies, a responsible collaboration for the implementation of the current regulations, the formulation of plans and programmes, the study of new measures by practising – where necessary – persuasion, prodding and pressure;
to keep contact with all the associations, also at an international level, that are concerned with the problems of people with Down’s syndrome, with disabilities and with childhood in general;
– to coordinate with them any activity regarding claims and create awareness among the public opinion as well as exchanging with them useful information concerning the activities undertaken by each different association;
– to protect the dignity of people with Trisomy 21 and all their other rights ruled by the Italian Constitution and by the Declaration of the United Nations Organization for the rights of disabled people.
This is achieved through projects and services and in particular:
a. The setting up of a network of consultants made up of doctors, health, education and social workers: the training and the updating of health, school and social workers;
b. The collaboration, the prodding and the pressure on legal bodies and on local and national administrative bodies;
c. The interaction and creation of networks linking all the associations that are concerned with the problems of people with Down’s syndrome and disabilities in general.
Here are the 2012 ASSOCIATION ACCOUNTS in a detailed version